Deadline: 18 February 2021
African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Principal Investment Officer – Agriculture and Rural Finance in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Principal Investment Officer – Agriculture and Rural Finance will perform the following functions-
- Project Development and Processing
- Liaise and coordinate with other Investment Officers and Bank staff in business development and the origination of a good quality investment pipeline.
- Proactively identify potential investment partners and opportunities based on industry experience, reputation, market potential, financial capability, and strategic fit.
- Assess the attractiveness of specific investment opportunities with a strong focus on credit quality and development impact and make recommendations management.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with other departments, clients, banking and multilateral partners and government officials to develop specific investment opportunities.
- Prepare project appraisal reports for presentation to the department, review committees, senior management and finally to the Board of Directors.
- Execute loan, equity, quasi-equity, guarantee and risk management instrument financings including processing mandates, conducting due diligence, structuring deals, negotiating terms and documentation, arranging syndications, and processing internal approvals.
- Design Specific Innovative Transactions, Projects and Initiatives
- Undertake the work on aspects of investments and agricultural / agribusiness development and align them with institutional objectives.
- Work with regional teams/country offices to design and implement sector development support programs.
- Evaluate, structure, negotiate, and close new transactions, with a strong focus on credit and asset quality (include processing mandates, due diligence, negotiating term sheets and other documentation, syndications and board approval).
- Provide support to other industry and portfolio teams in processing and supervising projects.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree in business administration, finance or other relevant field.
- Professional qualification Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charter holder will be a plus.
- 6 year’s professional experience in corporate / project finance, investment banking, consulting or private equity/venture capital with specific experience in Africa.
- Ability for business development, structure and negotiate deals.
- Strong analytical, financial structuring skills (including financial modeling experience) and sound business judgment.
- Working experience in multinational organization in Africa and/or specialized experience in similar organization/s would be considered an advantage.
- Ability to coordinate, participate in, and act as a catalyst for, strategic cross-sector dialogues within the networks, across the country, among Bank colleagues and other development institutions, governments and other organizations.
- Knowledge of economic developments and market trends in Africa.
- Ability to contribute to sound decisions and contribute to the execution of the decisions.
- Ability to initiate, effectively and independently interact with the senior government officials, senior management of potential clients.
- Strong commitment to search for and produce innovative and creative approaches to activities in order to enhance performance and create added benefits to the Bank and its clients.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities, applies business knowledge to the resolution of problems and identifies solutions to the benefit of the client (internal and external) and the organization.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and time management skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and efficiently to deliver under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness to travel extensively and geographic flexibility.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.