Deadline: 25 November 2021
The African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Principal Investment Officer in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Principal Investment Officer at will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate the delivery of flagships as relevant to ensure delivery of the New Deal on Energy objectives.
- Lead/Participate in the structuring of projects involving public and private sector participation (e.g. in the form of IPP, project finance operations and corporate loans) in close coordination with Hub teams, Power Systems, Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Teams.
- Work across the energy value chain and be involved in new business processing until funding is secured.
- Contribute towards developing a strong pipeline of good quality investment opportunities through anticipating market trends and employing sector/country knowledge.
- Evaluate, structure, negotiate, and close new transactions, portfolio restructurings, leasing, capital markets solutions etc.
- Develop innovative and appropriate financial structures for complex transactions.
- Lead/participate in negotiation of finance documentation, develop financial solutions and overcome bottlenecks in the transaction life-cycle.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Business or related fields a professional qualification such as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Chartered Accountant (ACCA) is an added advantage.
- Minimum 6 year’s relevant working experience in financial structuring in the energy value chain gained from within a Commercial/Investment Bank, Development Finance Institution, Energy Utility, Infrastructure/Private Equity Fund, Sovereign Wealth Fund, Energy Project Developer, established Accounting/Consulting Firm etc.
- Proven ability to identify, process and negotiate complex transactions in the energy sector from a private sector standpoint and in particular related to Independent Power Projects (IPP) investments and corporate financing.
- Ability to review and understand complex financial models.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.