Deadline: 12 November 2021
The African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Principal Quality and Development Effectiveness Officer in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Principal Quality and Development Effectiveness Officer at will perform the following functions-
- Quality and monitoring throughout the project cycle
- Take a leading role in setting quality at entry standards and guidance for sovereign operations; support application, compliance, quality assurance and continuous improvement of tools used to monitor and self-evaluate sovereign operations.
- Quality and monitoring compliance
- Lead compliance data management and communication, and contributing to compliance and learning reviews.
- Operation Academy
- Support delivery of a range of online leaning courses, and continuous improvement of existing courses, in the context of the Bank’s “Operations Academy” program.
- Analytical/knowledge work and communications
- Contribute to the preparation of the analytical work and reports relating to both compliance and lesson-learning of quality assurance and monitoring tools, as well as broader communication on quality and results measurement.
- Staff learning, coaching and quality clinics
- Facilitate workshops and learning events organized for operations staff, including staff members in country and regional offices provide training and mentoring of task managers especially for the mainstreaming of new tools, and strengthening capacity for results planning, monitoring and lesson-learning.
- Relationship management
- Maintain effective working relationships with staff of regional and sector departments, as well as other departments supporting operations, to ensure Bank-wide ownership/internalization of tools, and two-way learning.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the Division Manager.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in business administration, economics, statistics, development or related disciplines.
- Minimum 6 year’s relevant professional experience on quality assurance and results and/or working directly in operations.
- Strong communication and change management skills and experience.
- Experience in data management and analytics would be an asset.
- Knowledge of quality assurance policies and operational processes, and of monitoring and results tools of the African Development Bank, other multilateral development banks or similar institution.
- Strong knowledge of results planning and monitoring techniques in an international development context, including results frameworks, theory of change and project risk analysis, and use of standard indicators.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision. Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams and coordinate interdepartmental team efforts.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and spoken) in English or French, preferably with a good working knowledge of the other language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.