Deadline: 6 February 2022
The African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Principal/Senior Fragility and Resilience Officer in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Principal/Senior Fragility and Resilience Officer will perform the following functions-
- Under the operationalization of the Bank’s strategy for addressing fragility and building resilience, prepare and undertake Fragility Assessments (FA) based on the Country Resilience Fragility Assessment (CRFA) Tool with a view to mainstreaming the Bank’s operational approach for tackling fragility, its fragility analytical tools, its financing instruments, as well as the fragility lens application.
- In coordination with appropriate Bank authorities, develop a clear and practical roadmaps to foster dialogue with RMCs on drivers of fragility which will have arisen from the assessments with a view to identifying targeted entry points for building institutional capacities and resilience through design and implementation of mitigation measures. This includes strengthening RMCs capacities, especially those that are in conflict-affected and fragile situations, to apply the fragility lens towards the preparation of fragility-sensitive national programmes, frameworks, sectorial strategies, and development plans.
- Work with Regional Economic Communities (REC) and international development partners, as well as peace-building and humanitarian actors for the development of joint collaboration platforms for exchange of experiences and information-sharing on issues, dynamics and best practices around the African fragility agenda.
- Contribute to the preparation and the peer-reviewing of RDTS analytical products, including regional and national Full-Fledged Fragility Assessments (3FFAs), the annual Country Resilience and Fragility Assessment (CRFA) Report, Economic and Sector Work (ESW) studies, as well as briefing notes as relevant to facilitating informed interventions in addressing fragility.
- Contribute to RDTS team’s efforts for institutionalizing and applying the fragility lens through an appropriate mainstreaming of fragility considerations in the Bank’s strategies and operations.
- In close collaboration with key Bank Sectoral and Operational Departments/Units, including Regional Delivery Hubs and Country Offices, participate in the preparation, peer-review, and readiness reviews processes of the Country Diagnostic Notes (CDNs), Regional Diagnostic Notes (RDNs) Country Strategy Papers (CSPs), Regional Integration Strategy Papers (RISPs), Project Concept Notes (PCNs), and Project Appraisal Reports (PARs) to ensure fragility is mainstreamed into Bank operations.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Political Science, Social Sciences, International Relations, Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, Business Administration or related discipline.
- Minimum 6 year’s relevant experience for Principal Fragility and Resilience Officer, or 5 year’s relevant experience for Senior Fragility and Resilience Officer, in economic research, peace and state building, social cohesion, public-private dialogue, management consulting and strong experience in developing and delivering programs in fragility including assessments, modelling, sensitivity analysis and applications.
- Experience in assessing, designing, developing, delivering and evaluating programmes, projects and interventions to address drivers of fragility in in RMCs, RECs, Basin Organizations and other Specialized Agencies dealing with fragility.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to work across institutional boundaries within multi-sectoral teams in a productive way.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.