Deadline: 21 November 2021
The African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Principal Statistician in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Principal Statistician at will perform the following functions-
- Provide statistical and analytical support the Bank and member countries to meet the operational and research needs by availing comparative socio-economic data and projections of the most widely used socio-economic parameters relating to Africa’s economy and Bank Group operations.
- Lead and develop initiatives to enhance the production of socio-economic statistics and analyses in support of the activities and ensure accuracy and consistency in the use of statistical data throughout the Bank; and provide guidance on statistical analysis and interpretation.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge base on socio-economic and cross-sectoral statistics relating to the concepts, methods, classifications, best practices in such areas as demography, employment, health, education, poverty and living conditions, housing, environment, gender, governance, infrastructures, etc.
- Define and recommend appropriate statistical methods to be used to improve socio-economic data production in Regional Member Countries and contribute to the bank’s statistics and publications in the area.
- Review and advice on concepts, methods, classifications, best practices in socio-economic statistics domains including demography, employment, health, education, poverty and living conditions, environment, gender, governance, infrastructures and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Lead the preparation of statistical publications for dissemination within the Bank and to officials and institutions in member countries; and review data used in Bank reports for consistency, accuracy and reliability.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree in Statistics or Economics or related quantitative areas.
- Minimum 6 year’s relevant experience in statistical production, with sound experience in analysis of socio-economic statistics and statistical strategies.
- Additional experience in statistical coordination would be an advantage.
- Solid experience in statistical operations and data management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities coupled with the ability to manage innovation and change.
- Familiarity with AfDB’s Africa Information Highway (AIH) and Country Open Data Platforms (ODPs).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.