Deadline: 21 October 2020
African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Principal Trade Policy Officer in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Principal Trade Policy Officer will perform the following functions-
- Day-to-day management of the Secretariat of the Africa Trade Fund, including monitoring and reporting of strategic and operational performance, external relations and resources mobilization.
- Strength the trade integration work-streams with emphasis on developing projects/programmes that are operationally relevant for the Bank.
- Assist in defining and expanding the Division’s trade integration agenda and to mainstream the Division’s activities into the Bank’s operational and analytical work.
- Provide technical and advisory services to Regional Member Countries (RMCs), Regional Economic Communities (RECs) and the private sector, to assist them implement programmes/projects that will move the regional and trade integration agenda on the continent forward.
- Contribute to the preparation of the trade-related aspects of Country Diagnostic Notes (CDNs) and Country Strategy Papers (CSPs).
- Build partnership and coalitions within and outside the Bank, especially with traditional development partners such as the International Trade Center, the World Bank, the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development and the World Trade Organization.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in law, economics, international trade/relations, or related international development fields.
- 6 year’s experience on issues related to trade and regional integration, project management and trust fund management.
- Experience in Africa will be an advantage.
- Experience in client orientation with commitment to results on the ground and operational.
- Knowledge of Africa’s trading environment and the global trading system.
- Ability to conduct research, analyse trade topics and produce high-quality analytical reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate ideas effectively.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix management environment, both as a team leader and team member.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a good knowledge of the other.
- Knowledge to use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.