Deadline: 20 September 2020
African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Health Analyst in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Health Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical advice/assistance to RMCs to develop their health sector.
- Contribute to the development of the Bank Group health sector policy and provide technical advice/guidance to introduce and monitor the implementation of the policy.
- Contribute to the preparation of Country Strategy Papers and Portfolio Review reports, with particular emphasis on health sector development.
- Identify, prepare and evaluate health projects and programmes, together with multisector projects and programmes in RMCs.
- Identify and coordinate the co-financing needs of the Divisions projects/programmes and make funding proposals.
- Supervise portfolio projects in accordance with Bank rules and procedures.
- Perform project completion missions with a view to preparing project completion reports.
- Conduct project preparation and appraisal missions in the health sector.
- Provide support to the Regional Sector Manager, to supervise staff, monitor the portfolio, the loan programme and the Division’s indicators.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or its university equivalent in health.
- 5 year’s of experience in planning, administration or project management of health sector.
- Strong research/analytical skills in one of the following areas social development policy formulation, project management, or donors coordination, with ability to strategically and rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources into conclusions and recommendations.
- Knowledge of health, political and development issues in RMCs.
- Experience in project cycle management (identification, preparation, appraisal, supervision and completion).
- Ability to understand complex problems in health, social development, gender and human development, to identify key issues and recommend pragmatic solutions.
- Knowledge of the health social development systems, and human development issues in the country.
- Knowledge of the practices of major bilateral and multilateral agencies, development partners in the country will be an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French, with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Knowledge MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Knowledge of SAP would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.