Deadline: 6 January 2021
African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Integrity Officer in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Integrity Officer will perform the following functions-
- Participate in undertaking Fraud Risk Assessments and prevention efforts in the Bank.
- Participate in monitoring and follow-up of anti-corruption recommendations contained in Management Implication Reports and other Referral Reports issued by PIAC.
- Assist in reviewing compliance of companies as a result of the Bank’s Sanctioning processes before they are released from debarment.
- Participate in the mainstreaming of anti-money laundering, into Bank Group operations in collaboration with relevant units within the Bank and in member countries.
- Assist in maintaining the Banks debarment and cross-debarment database and provide advisory opinions on debarments to operational departments.
- Participate in the review of project management systems and procedures to detect indicators of fraud and corruption and other integrity risks.
- Contribute to the development of proactive mechanisms to promote prevention of integrity risks in the Bank Group’s private sector lending activities.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of proactive strategies which prevent fraud and corruption in the Bank Group.
- Prepare and conduct programs on outreaching activities on anti-fraud and anti-corruption awareness, detection and prevention.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in social sciences, business administration, procurement, accounting, auditing and/or a related field.
- Professional qualification in Certified Fraud Examination (CFE) or Certified Internal Auditor would be an added advantage.
- 5 years’ extensive and progressive experience in the area of governance, anti-corruption and anti-fraud in government, private or civil society sector, a multi-lateral development financial institution or relevant development organization.
- Experience in working and living in Africa (desirable).
- Strong time management and document management skills with fine attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Strong and proven ability to write, present and report clearly.
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical ability; attention to detail and ability to work independently and manage challenges.
- Integrity and strong interpersonal skills, with and proven ability to work in a team to develop trust and demonstrate fairness.
- Superior interpersonal skills with ability to relate to employees and management at all levels.
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in English or French.
- Ability to speak and write effectively in both English and French (desirable).
- Competence in the use of the Bank’s standard software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.