Deadline: 21 October 2020
African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Trade Officer in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Trade Officer will perform the following functions-
- Analyze the trade, economic and financial conditions of Regional Member Countries, using internal and external information sources, and determine the implications for the programming and updating of Bank Group operations such as defined in the Country Strategy Paper.
- Examine the impact of Bank Group operations, in the countries concerned, of regional economic integration programmes and make recommendations on the role of the Bank Group in assisting trade and regional integration initiatives.
- Undertake assigned Economic and Sector Work (ESW), focusing mainly on issues of trade, competition and investment climate profiling, and papers on relevant trade related economic and investment issues in the development process.
- Identify, prepare, evaluate and monitor the implementation of trade economics, trade development and facilitation programmes.
- Coordinate the preparation of Country Diagnostic Notes (CDNs), Country Strategy Papers (CSPs), based on the Regional Member Countries Regional Integration Strategies (RISPS), Trade Development Agenda priorities as well as (AfCFTA Implementation Strategies).
- Maintain effective communication with the sector departments and other relevant units in the Bank to ensure a coordinated approach in the implementation of the Bank’s Strategy and Lending/Non-lending operations in assigned countries.
- Participate in Country Portfolio Reviews. CSPs, Concept Note writing and PCR processes.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or its equivalent in economics, public policy and public administration, international trade policy, trade statistics, investment climate development, global trade management, economic regulation and/or competition economics or other relevant discipline.
- 5 year’s experience in the areas of trade development, private and public sector competition policy reforms, policy formulation and implementation in developing country context.
- Experience as a practitioner in the economic analysis of global trade policies.
- Knowledge of Continental and global trade developments (e.g., AfCFTA,) providing direct advice to the private sector and case-handling cross-border or intra-country trade, infrastructure, industrial development and technical assistance on trade reforms, lending/non-lending projects and policies.
- Knowledge of socio-economic, trade facilitation, investment climate, regulatory reforms and policies and business environment issues in African countries.
- Ability to build partnership with a broad range of clients and deliver results that meet the needs and long-term interests of clients within and outside the institution.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a good knowledge of the other.
- Knowledge of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.