Deadline: 16 December 2021
The African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Social Development Officer in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Social Development Officer at will perform the following functions-
- Collect background information and undertake analytical work in the social sectors, namely education, health, gender, population and poverty related aspects, with a view to determining the level of priority in the country’s development program, and advise the Country Manager and the Management of the Bank on policy issues in the sector.
- Contribute to the preparation of Country Strategy Papers (CSP) and Portfolio Review reports (PRRs), with particular emphasis on social sector development.
- Participate in the identification, preparation and appraisal of social projects/programs.
- Facilitate the launching and loan administration of social projects in Senegal.
- Supervise the implementation of social projects financed by the Bank Group in Senegal.
- Participate in various Social Sector Working Group activities and related donor-coordination meeting such as Poverty Reduction Budget Support (PRBS), key country processes and initiatives, including budget, public expenditure reviews, and poverty reduction strategy workshops and seminars on social aspects all with a view to inform and advise the Country Manager and the Management of the Bank on appropriate measures to take.
- Assist in the Preparation of Project Completion Reports.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree in one of the following Social Science disciplines Education, Health, Gender, Population, Social Protection or Poverty Reduction Economics or Planning or Business Administration.
- Minimum 5 year’s relevant experience in planning, administration or project management of social development initiatives.
- Strong research/analytical skills in one of the following areas social development policy formulation, project management, or donors’ coordination, with ability to strategically and rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources into conclusions and recommendation.
- Depth knowledge of social, political and development issues in Senegal.
- Ability to understand complex problems in education, health, gender, population and poverty related aspects, to identify key issues and recommend pragmatic solutions.
- Strong understanding of multi-sector approaches and gaps in education, health, gender, population and poverty related aspects and social development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French with a working knowledge of the other language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.