Deadline: 8 October 2020
African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Social Protection Officer in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Social Protection Officer will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical advice/assistance to RMCs to develop their social protection system.
- Contribute to the development of the Bank Group social protection policy and provide technical advice/guidance to introduce and monitor the implementation of the policy.
- Contribute to the preparation of Country Strategy Papers and Portfolio Review reports, with particular emphasis on social protection system development.
- Identify, prepare and evaluate social protection projects and programmes, together with multisector projects and programmes in RMCs.
- Identify and coordinate the co-financing needs of the Division’s projects/programmes and make funding proposals.
- Supervise portfolio projects in accordance with Bank rules and procedures.
- Perform project completion missions with a view to preparing project completion reports.
- Conduct project preparation and appraisal missions in the social protection sector.
- Provide support to the Regional Sector Manager, to supervise staff, monitor the portfolio, the loan programme and the Division’s indicators.
- Support the Regional Sector Manager in monitoring and achieving the target indicators, and in monitoring projects managed by other colleagues.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or its equivalent in education, development economics, sociology, labor economics, social sciences or related fields.
- 6 year’s of relevant professional experience in the areas, education, development economics, development finance and implementation of human capital development sector policies.
- Strong research/analytical skills in one of the following areas: social development policy formulation, project management, or donors coordination, with ability to strategically and rapidly analyse and integrate diverse information from varied sources into conclusions and recommendation.
- Experience in project cycle management (identification, preparation, appraisal, supervision and completion).
- Ability to understand complex problems in education, gender and human development, social development, to identify key issues and recommend pragmatic solutions.
- Knowledge of the social development, education and skills development system, and human development issues in the country.
- Knowledge of analysis and formulation of policies in sectors.
- Knowledge of the practices of major bilateral and multilateral agencies, development partners in the country will be an asset.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate a spirit of creativity and initiative.
- Ability to deliver high quality work within very tight deadlines.
- Knowledge to use of Bank standard software applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.