Deadline: 20 May 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Support Officer in Nicosia, Cyprus. The duration of this post is 12 Months.
The Programme Support Officer will provide support and oversight of the day-to-day management of the Project Field offices, both according to the client requirements and in line with UNOPS rules and regulations.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Support Officer will perform the following function-
- Contribute to the preparation of various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analytical notes, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
- Assist the Programme Manager in producing timely donor reports against contracted objectives, outputs, and outcomes.
- Assist in drafting of programme information to partner agencies, non-governmental organizations and contractors and UN agencies.
- Assist the Programme Manager in management of contracts including preparation of relevant contract reporting and payments.
- Responsible for the procurement, storage, accounting and maintenance of equipment and material.
- Manage local procurement system and follow UNOPS procurement procedures.
- Manage the movement of equipment into and within the country.
- Responsible for the maintenance and management of all facilities.
- Responsible for the local management finances allocated to the mine action programme.
- Ensures proper maintenance of local accounts; monthly cash flow forecast as required.
- Responsible for the administration management to support UNMAS Cyprus programme.
- Develop and implement administration systems and office management systems for UNMAS Cyprus programme.
- Organize all project and stakeholder meetings as and when necessary, and maintain records of these meetings.
- Maintain records of project files and activity reports.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Business Administration, Project Management, Social Science, Economics, or related fields.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience.
- University degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) with 4 years of relevant experience; or a Secondary school diploma or equivalent with 8 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of advance degree.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible experience in relevant field of work such as general administration, finance, logistics, reporting, and direct experience in supporting projects and working with clients is required.
- Ability to perform standard administrative activities related to UN project operations is required.
- Knowledge of financial processes related to maintaining petty cash is required.
- One year of experience in working with an ERP system is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office) and in handling of web-based management systems is required.
- IPSAS experience/knowledge is an advantage.
- Experience with UN organizations is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of UN/UNDP/UNOPS HR rules and procedures is an asset.
- Experience with UN financial rules and regulations is an advantage.
- Knowledge of asset administration and/or procurement processes is desired.
- Valid driver’s licence is required.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in another official UN language is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.