Deadline: 23 October 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Information Assistant (Health Data Management) in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Information Assistant (Health Data Management) will perform the following functions-
- Liaise with country offices in the collection of demographic, socioeconomic and health-related statistics needed to update the regional SDG and UHC monitoring. Consolidate all information (text and statistics) from country offices, ministries of health, Regional Office technical units, other United Nations (UN) agencies, and secondary sources into the regional database. Also, consolidate selected indicators from the collected data into relevant information products.
- Prepare and validate data from headquarters, Regional Office and country offices for consistency. Review, compare and validate data contained in the world health statistics and country reports such as annual reports, SDG and UHC reports.
- Assist in the formatting of data, development and preparation of report, charts, tables and other media-related graphics for project-related tasks such as SDG and UHC monitoring.
- Undertake cross-sectoral or trend analysis of relevant health indicators. Develop and implement a tracking system for health-related SDG and UHC indicators for the Regional Office for the Western Pacific to monitor the progress towards achieving the set targets.
- Liaise with the Information Technology Group (ITG) with regard to the maintenance, updating, and expansion of the HII unit’s website.
- Assist in the design creation, in coordination with ITG, a database for sources of information. Update and maintain a filing system of primary and secondary sources of information, e.g. country annual reports, publications of technical units in the Regional Office, reports and publication of other UN agencies.
- Maintain, update and expand the health information website, particularly the SDG and UHC monitoring and information sources content of the HII unit’s website, which includes the regional statistics, country health profiles, demographic tables, and health indicators database.
- Liaise with technical units with the Regional Office for regional-level selected disease statistics and disease information, and consolidate collected information into proper databases.
- Perform data-related tasks such as providing data requested by the technical units within the Regional Office, country offices, headquarters and outside the Organization.
- Provide support and assistance to health information management working group and faciliate clearance process of data collection tools originating from the Regional Office and headquarters.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education with training in statistical analysis, data management and research work
- At least 8 years of progressive experience in development of databases, application of statistical analysis, and computer-related activities.
- Possess basic knowledge and skills in data processing, statistical work, data analysis and information management.
- Ability to work harmoniously as a member of a team, adapt to diverse cultural and educational backgrounds and maintain a high standard of personal conduct
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Nationality of Philippines.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.