Deadline: 17 January 2019
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Information Management Analyst (Business Intelligence) in New York, United States.
The Information Management Analyst will work closely with key stakeholders to enable data visualization and enhance analytical insight through standardized tools, dashboards and processes – the end goal being better, data-driven decisions.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Information Management Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Provide general support for PSC IM initiatives, including technical, communication and/or coordination, as needed.
- Gather and analyze data from a broad range of existing data sources.
- Prepare dashboards and visualizations to present data in a meaningful and clear manner.
- Assist teams with defining and fine-tuning business processes by leveraging data-related industry best practices.
- Develop data management policies and processes required to support the collection, management and sharing of data.
- Review and ensure adherence to data architecture principles, standards and tools.
- Process, clean, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Assist in developing multidimensional data models, including performance measures, to enable analysis.
- Develop database views to expose data to visualization tools.
- Develop technical documentation and training materials.
- Perform other duties as required.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Analysis, Economics, Business Administration, or other relevant field with two years of relevant experience.
- First level university degree (Bachelor degree or equivalent) in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Analysis, Economics, Business Administration, or other relevant field with four years of relevant experience.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience developing data visualizations using business intelligence platforms (e.g. Google Data Studio, Tableau, Power BI, etc.).
- 2 years experience in development, implementation, and maintenance of data systems, ETLs, or related areas is required.
- Experience in database modelling and data warehouse design is required.
- Fluency in English (reading, speaking, and writing) is required.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is desired.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.