Deadline: 12 May 2017
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Professional Officer in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The National Professional Officer will perform the following functions-
- Provide assistance to the WHO-IVD Unit and GOB-EPI in evaluating and improving the data management system, including AFP, Measles and other VPD Disease surveillance, Adverse Events Following Immunization, logistics and vaccine supply, cold chain, human resources, vaccination coverage reporting, and EPI service quality.
- Identify critical points for data analysis and data sharing quality improvement.
- Maintain and organize hard copies of data forms as needed for periodic review for programmatic purposes and for expert committees.
- Design software for the efficient analysis and presentation of data mentioned above.
- Clean and analyze data and prepare tabular and graphic presentation materials related to any of the data mentioned above.
- Coordinate data management in the area of EPI programme with other diseases surveillance.
- Regular update databases and feed forward data periodically to SEARO as per the requirements of disease reduction goals.
- Ensure data quality is maintained, and make necessary follow up with the stakeholders in order to achieve highest standard of data quality.
- Provide training in software applications and data management and analysis for staff from the GOB-EPI and for WHO-IVD programme.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, science or related field.
- Post graduate degree in statistics or public health or relevant fields -Certified training in public health, epidemiology or disease control.
- At least 2years of experience in public health data management or statistics.
- 2 years of experience in EPI and VPD data management.
- Experience in management of large databases in health, experience in software development.
- Excellent knowledge in data management and analysis.
- Good managerial and communication skills.
- knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.