Deadline: 02 May 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 6 months.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Support development of global tools and guidance on ethical data sharing
- Build capacity and provide technical support to colleagues in the field on ethical data sharing
- Support UNICEF’s partnerships development
- Support to fundraising
Applicants must have:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in research, including statistics, international law, research ethics, or related field required.
- A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience.
- Strong experience in data governance, data sharing, data protection and/or data ethics required
- International and developing country work experience (for IP); national or field work experience (for NO) required;
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, excellent written and communication skills, sensitivity to working in a multicultural environment required;
- Country office experience with UNICEF or another UN entity required.
- Background/familiarity with emergency programming highly valued;
- A solid understanding of UNICEF’s core areas of work and familiarity with the UN statistical community;
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.