Deadline: 30 April 2017
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Reporting Officer in Djibouti City, Djibouti. The duration of this post is 8 months.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Reporting Officer will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate inputs to and draft reports related to project activities.
- Develop appropriate reporting formats to meet all reporting requirements of the Project.
- Work closely with the Regional Humanitarian Coordinator to support his reporting functions.
- Coordinate the finalization of donor reporting with the Partnerships Unit in UNOPS Hub in Amman.
- Establish a reporting schedule and ensure the timely submission of reports as identified.
- Liaise with Partnerships Unit in the UNOPS Hub in Amman regarding the dissemination of reports and the accuracy of information included in visibility materials and publications.
- Draft briefing notes, talking points and other correspondence related to the project.
- Act as a focal point/central instrument for the collection, analysis and dissemination of information relevant to verification, monitoring and inspection activities.
- Organize, design and carry out the evaluation and analysis of datasets related to verification, monitoring and inspection processes.
- Develop data standards and advise on the application of these.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in political affairs, international relations, communications, journalism, public relations or related fields.
- University degree in combination with required qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in political and/or donor reporting, communications, public relations, project development, data Analysis, data visualization and report writing.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions).
- Fluency in written and oral English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.