Deadline: 8 November 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer (Data Manager) in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Technical Officer (Data Manager) will perform the following functions-
- Working in close consultation and collaboration with the Epidemiologists, participate in the survey and other data collection in emergencies, capacity building and training materials as a major component of Emergency Public Health Information Management, including but not limited to
- Develop a repository of information (at the highest geographic resolution possible) on core public health indicators (e.g. crude and under-five mortality rates, prevalence of malnutrition, vaccination coverage).
- Update population estimates (resident, displaced, refugees), standards indicators and values used by partners for monitoring needs and response; vulnerability mapping; nutrition, mortality and vaccination coverage survey reports; health needs assessment reports; a
- Proactively contribute to data analysis and dissemination for the preparation of other WHO and Health Cluster communication products such as situation reports, health cluster bulletins, donors’ alerts, and other ad-hoc reports, using standard tools and templates (e.g. OSCAR).
- Play a key role for the development and maintenance of databases in support of ad hoc surveys and assessments required in the field, using state-of-the-art information management during emergency response to enable crucial information exchange among WHO and partners, as well as updating users’ guidelines on the implementation and use of the PRIME Platform.
- Contribute to the review and updating of existing databases and information systems in WHO operations, with particular attention to analyzing current and future needs, medium-term goals and projects, and proposing merger of systems or development of new innovative solutions, in liaison with IT central services to ensure compatibility and cohesion within WHO information systems.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- A first university degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, and/or data management.
- At least 5 years’ of relevant experience, including some years of international experience, in data and database management with successful track record in managing information systems.
- Demonstrated skills in all aspects of the development and operation of information systems complemented by the ability to design, analyse and produce information system applications and databases for epidemiology, surveillance and GIS.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills combined with ability to multi-task and produce accurate results under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Software applications, data analysis and technical presentations.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.