Deadline: 8 November 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer (Data Manager) in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Technical Officer (Data Manager) will perform the following functions-
- Working in close consultation and collaboration with the Epidemiologists, participate in the survey and other data collection in emergencies, capacity building and training materials as a major component of Emergency Public Health Information Management, including but not limited to
- Develop a repository of information (at the highest geographic resolution possible) on core public health indicators (e.g. crude and under-five mortality rates, prevalence of malnutrition, vaccination coverage).
- Update population estimates (resident, displaced, refugees), standards indicators and values used by partners for monitoring needs and response; vulnerability mapping; nutrition, mortality and vaccination coverage survey reports; health needs assessment reports; a
- Proactively contribute to data analysis and dissemination for the preparation of other WHO and Health Cluster communication products such as situation reports, health cluster bulletins, donors’ alerts, and other ad-hoc reports, using standard tools and templates (e.g. OSCAR).
- Play a key role for the development and maintenance of databases in support of ad hoc surveys and assessments required in the field, using state-of-the-art information management during emergency response to enable crucial information exchange among WHO and partners, as well as updating users’ guidelines on the implementation and use of the PRIME Platform.
- Contribute to the review and updating of existing databases and information systems in WHO operations, with particular attention to analyzing current and future needs, medium-term goals and projects, and proposing merger of systems or development of new innovative solutions, in liaison with IT central services to ensure compatibility and cohesion within WHO information systems.
Applicants must have:
- A first university degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, and/or data management.
- At least 5 years’ of relevant experience, including some years of international experience, in data and database management with successful track record in managing information systems.
- Demonstrated skills in all aspects of the development and operation of information systems complemented by the ability to design, analyse and produce information system applications and databases for epidemiology, surveillance and GIS.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills combined with ability to multi-task and produce accurate results under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Software applications, data analysis and technical presentations.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.