Deadline: 29 July 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of External Relations Officer in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 5 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The External Relations Officer will perform the following functions:
- Contribute to development and eventual implementation of an international cooperation strategy for the Protocol.
- Coordinate the conception, planning, management of the Meeting of the Parties to the Protocol and its subsidiary bodies.
- Ensure the continuity of the governance functions of the Protocol.
- Coordinate the process of MOP applications for IGOs and NGOs observer status.
- Prepare briefing notes, inputs to speeches and similar material related to the Protocol.
- Draft official correspondence related to the Protocol.
Applicants must have:
- First Level University Degree in international relations, governance, communications, social sciences, political sciences or a related field.
- Advanced Degree in international relations, governance, communications, social sciences, political sciences or a related field.
- Minimum 5 year’s of experience (combination of both national and international experience) in governance, public administration, development management or a related area.
- Experience working in a governmental entity or international organization.
- Similar experience in a governance structure in national or international organization.
- Sound knowledge of international governance.
- Good understanding of international treaty bodies in particular aspects related to governance and international cooperation.
- Ability to effectively support international decision-making processes, to work with a large forum of governmental institutions on a global scale, in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
- High level of diplomacy, good political sense and tact.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.