Deadline: 29 July 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of External Relations Officer in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 5 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The External Relations Officer will perform the following functions:
- Contribute to development and eventual implementation of an international cooperation strategy for the Protocol.
- Coordinate the conception, planning, management of the Meeting of the Parties to the Protocol and its subsidiary bodies.
- Ensure the continuity of the governance functions of the Protocol.
- Coordinate the process of MOP applications for IGOs and NGOs observer status.
- Prepare briefing notes, inputs to speeches and similar material related to the Protocol.
- Draft official correspondence related to the Protocol.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- First Level University Degree in international relations, governance, communications, social sciences, political sciences or a related field.
- Advanced Degree in international relations, governance, communications, social sciences, political sciences or a related field.
- Minimum 5 year’s of experience (combination of both national and international experience) in governance, public administration, development management or a related area.
- Experience working in a governmental entity or international organization.
- Similar experience in a governance structure in national or international organization.
- Sound knowledge of international governance.
- Good understanding of international treaty bodies in particular aspects related to governance and international cooperation.
- Ability to effectively support international decision-making processes, to work with a large forum of governmental institutions on a global scale, in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
- High level of diplomacy, good political sense and tact.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.