Deadline: 4 March 2021
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Obongi, Uganda.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Responsible for the management of Obongi cash books for all project budgets and timely submission of weekly cashbook as per cashbook calendar.
- Responsible for cash payments.
- Ensure Project Manager-Project Support carries out physical cash count reconciled at the end of the week (Friday)/Month.
- Support in preparing monthly bank reconciliation and maintaining an updated bank reconciliation file.
- Support in filling returns (WHT LST and VAT) on monthly basis
- Reviews Obongi vouchers before scanning and Supervise scanning of cover sheets and supporting documents and sees that proper filing is done in accordance with donor /DRC requirements.
- Update missing receipt database and share with Supply chain/ admin department for follow up. Ensure to inform Finance officers on log outstanding receipts.
- Assist in internal and external audits
Applicant must have:
- Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Part certification in CPA or ACCA
- 2 years INGO or other international agencies experience in finance and operations management in international humanitarian set up.
- Proficient in standard computer applications and various accounting and financial management software. Good knowledge Navision financial software will be an added advantage.
- Good accounting and analytical skills
- Professional, courteous and able to work with abroad spectrum of people.
- Proven ability to manage large and varied workloads, and deal constructively with stress and periods with long hours
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision
- Pro-active, stable and robust character and a good team-player
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humor
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willingness to learn from others.
- Excellent Communication skills in English required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.