Deadline: 26 June 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Governance Specialist in Vientiane, Laos. The duration of this post 2 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Governance Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Support the task team in the day-to-day project management, including follow-up and monitoring of the implementation activities, preparation of Terms of References for consultants, preparation of communication with the Government counterparts, consultants and the wider Bank team.
- Draft and review program monitoring and supervision documents, management briefs, and similar.
- Support the preparation and follow-up of technical and supervision missions, including the organization, workshops, capacity building activities, and review and editing of technical reports and presentations on PFM-related issues.
- Liaise and follow up with other team members, consultants, and government counterparts.
- Work in close coordination with senior experts on PFM related topics, including budget preparation and execution, treasury systems, tax administration and capacity building programs.
- Provide technical input to advisory notes on PFM related topics, including budget preparation and execution, treasury systems, tax administration, and capacity building programs.
- Contribute to the identification of relevant international experience, contribute to the organization peer learning activities, and support the documentation of relevant lessons learned for Lao PDR and their integration in the PFM Program’s activities.
- Conduct any other tasks that may be assigned to him/her.
Applicants must have-
- An advanced degree in Economics, public administration, public policy, or similar fields.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills, and with knowledge of public financial management.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience working on public finance and or public administration issues.
- Experience with government or international organizations or similar is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Lao, both spoken and written is required.
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills is a must.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.