Deadline: 19 May 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Head, Governance in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Head, Governance is responsible for issuing guidance, providing leadership and substantive direction to the Governance Team located in HQ, as well as to the governance advisors and specialists assigned to the Regional Hubs.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Manager, Access to Clean Energy will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Policy formulation and development
- Direct and substantively guide UNDP’s policy and programming support on SDG16 implementation and monitoring, inclusive participation, transparent and accountable institutions, youth engagement and innovations in governance, ensuring integration into the overall implementation of the UNDP Strategic Plan.
- Define UNDP’s policies on the governance contributions to sustainable development in general and to building peaceful just and inclusive societies more specifically, drawing on the best available evidence, and exploring emerging issues where appropriate.
- Policy advice and programme support delivery
- Provide substantive leadership, quality control and guidance to the team in their provision of evidence-based policy advisory services to country offices, ensuring relevance of the services provided to country and regional contexts.
- Ensure the timely provision of world-renowned expertise contributing to the global recognition of the organization as an authority, source of innovation and convening hub of the global community on the critical governance issues of the day.
- Overall management and resource mobilization
- Lead and manage the governance team, including supervising staff and overseeing strategy development, work planning, budgeting, monitoring and reporting.
- Promote a collaborative work environment both within the team and with external units and apply corporate incentives to build a motivated and high-performing team of policy advisors and specialists and support staff.
- Partnerships, representation and advocacy
- Mobilize, foster and strengthen strategic partnerships with UN and other relevant bodies and provide substantive guidance and direction to those partnerships, supporting outward looking engagement.
- Represent the team and the Governance Community of Practice in UNDP’s corporate discussions, in interagency coordination and in other fora to engage partners in advancing the strategic agenda of UNDP’s governance portfolio.
- Community of practice and knowledge management
- Oversee, influence and promote the advance of policy dialogue in the team’s thematic areas through cross-regional exchange of knowledge and collaboration, South-South and triangular cooperation, synthesis of knowledge emerging from the development and implementation of programmes, and the linking of research and practice.
- Promote, facilitate, encourage and co-manage the governance for peaceful, just and inclusive societies community practice, in close collaboration with relevant teams in the Crisis Bureau.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Master’s degree, preferably in public administration, international development, political sciences, law, business administration, development economics, or other relevant field, or extensive compensating experience in governance.
- 15 years of professional work experience in either public sectors (national or multilateral, including UN), private (academia, non-governmental sector, corporate), with increasing responsibility in the design and development of policies and programmes (in areas such as inclusive participation, elections, parliamentary support, civic engagement, responsive and accountable institutions; human rights, state-citizen dialogue at the international level and the broader governance agenda in general).
- Proven experience in leading teams, providing policy advice and pioneering approaches in the area of governance.
- Demonstrated track-record of excellence in delivering the work programme of complex, global organizational entities in the area of governance and its links to sustainable human development and Agenda 2030.
- Proven experience working in different geographical areas, and development settings, including conflict and post-conflict environments.
- Excellent negotiating, writing and communication skills and ability to mobilize support from a wide range of partners (public, private, academic, civil society, business community leaders).
- Proven track record of management and resource mobilization skills.
- Proven track record and leadership experience in the UN System is an advantage.
- English proficiency, Arabic, French or Spanish is considered an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNDP.