Deadline: 13 June 2016
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Assistant Executive in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Assistant Executive will direct the performance of all services related to representation.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Assistant Executive will perform the following functions-
- Managing the agenda of the UN Women Representative rigorously, tact and diligence. Receive and respond to important visitors.
- Treat carefully telephone communications of the Representative.
- Follow the travel, payment of DSA and leave the UN Women Representative and his Deputy; (Prepare travel authorizations, Visas application file).
- Ensure the protocol of the Representative for all his meetings with High Personalities and other partners and organize official receptions.
- Participate in the organization and preparation of workshops and the preparation of meeting minutes, keep track of recommendations.
- Prepare, receive and analyze the correspondence of the UN Women Representative and tracking, ranking and sharing where appropriate.
- Ensure synergies with Assistant (e) s offices of other UN Agencies and UN Women offices of the sub-region (ESARO).
- Maintain a directory with names, functions and contacts of Ministers and other High Personalities government, the diplomatic corps, etc.
- Organize the UN Women Representative travel and maintain the link with the other heads of agencies and representatives in other countries and their assistants.
- Maintain monitoring hand over notes for absences of the Representative office.
- Maintain calendar of missions and leave of the Representative.
- Prepare requisitions in Atlas and follow up.
- Being able to perform all the other duties required by the office regarding the operations support.
Applicants must have-
- Diploma of secondary education, completed by a higher education in business and administrative sciences, executive secretary or equivalent area.
- 5 years of experience as an Assistant Branch or Administrative Assistant at national and international level preferably in a United Nations agency.
- Knowledge management systems and Web-based ATLAS is required.
- Experience within the United Nations system would be an asset.
- Good command of computer skills (MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Good command of French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.