Deadline: 31 August 2021
Global Communities is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Chief of Party, USAID Zahabu Safi in Democratic Republic of Congo.
Global Communities mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Deputy Chief of Party, USAID Zahabu Safi will perform the following functions:
- Serve as Global Communities’ most senior representative in DRC
- Serve as the head of the Goma Office, overseeing financial and administrative operations to support program delivery in DRC.
- Supervise Global Communities’ staff members based in DRC.
- Oversee Global Communities’ Office Operations in Goma
- Work closely with the Finance and Administration Manager to approve and effect office-related and activity-related vendor payments.
- Support budget forecasting as needed, per the direction of the COP.
- Supervise and mentor USAID Zahabu Safi (Clean Gold) staff members based in DRC
- Provide technical guidance and support to the DRC-based program team in the effective development and delivery of approved workplan activities on time, on scope, and on budget.
- Manage the implementation of key DRC-based activities and deliverables
- Coordinate and provide inputs from DRC-based team into the development of all major reporting deliverables (i.e., the monthly schedule of activities, quarterly and annual workplans)
- Oversee the delivery of all DRC-based program activities, in close collaboration with and per the direction of the COP.
- Assign and oversee the in-country security point of contact to Global Communities headquarters.
- Other task and duties may be assigned based on programmatic needs;
Applicant must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree and advanced Degree (MBA, MS, etc.) in international affairs, business, economics, or a related field, preferred.
- Minimum 10 year’s related work experience, including experience on a donor funded project.
- USAID experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in a senior leadership position on a donor funded program preferred.
- Previous experience working with international partners.
- Familiar with the ASM gold mining sector, cooperative development and/or supply chain management.
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop relationships with communities and government officials.
- Basic understanding of the challenges and opportunities for small-medium enterprises who wish to access regional and international markets.
- Knowledge of precious minerals trade-related policies and activities a plus.
- Ability to provide capacity building and lead training on business strategy and business planning best practices, feasibility studies, and cooperative governance and membership roles and responsibilities.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, French and Swahili is strongly preferred
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Global Communities.