Deadline: 24 November 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Manager in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo. The duration of this post is 8 months.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Manager will perform the following functions:
- Provide advice to the Chief in establishing the annual work plan including developing strategies and determining priorities/targets and performance measurements.
- Coordinate work progress monitoring and ensure results are achieved according to schedule and performance standards and report to Chief critical issues for timely action.
- Provide technical assistance/advice to colleagues in the Section on all aspects of programming and implementation to enable colleagues to achieve program/performance objectives.
- Plan and/or provide technical assistance and operational support to the preparation/design and conduct/update of situation analysis to ensure that current comprehensive and evidence based data on education issues are available to guide UNICEF’s strategic policy advocacy, intervention and development efforts on education and to set program priorities, strategies, design and implementation plans.
- Participate in strategic program discussion on the planning of education programs/projects.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in one of the following fields is required education, economics, psychology, sociology or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 8 year’s professional experience in programme planning, technical and financial management, and/or research in education is required.
- Experience working in a developing country is required.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Familiarity/ background with emergency is required.
- Good knowledge of global developments in education and international engagement strategies, including the application of the equity lens and human rights perspectives to programming.
- Fluency in French and English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.