Deadline: 28 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Emergency Specialist in Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo.
The Emergency Specialist will be responsible for the coordination of the RRM Programme in the Eastern DRC.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Emergency Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Responsible for the overall coordination of the RRM program through regular field visits, contacts with UNICEF field and country office staff, and NGO implementing partners, and OCHA.
- Provide the overall strategic framework and oversight to ensure RRM program delivery and quality, and adherence to UNICEF Core Commitments for Children (CCC) in Emergencies.
- Support the development of programmatic tools and approaches that can be mainstreamed across partner operations.
- Ensure and enhance program quality by providing detailed technical input and innovations to relief delivery and activities in coordination with Emergency team colleagues as well as other concerned sections, in particular WASH and Education.
- Manage UNICEF’s relations with RRM NGO partners, taking administrative actions such as renewing partner contracts Project Cooperation Agreements (PCA) and managing program finances.
- Oversee project supply chain in coordination with UNICEF operations staff.
- Support the implementation of the external evaluations of the RRM programme.
- Develop and implement a communication, information and outreach strategy to raise visibility on the situation of IDPs in the DRC and the RRM initiative in particular.
- Develop and contribute materials for the RRM and UNICEF Emergency website.
- Ensure that UNICEF priorities such as gender sensibilities/activities are incorporated into the RRM work implemented by partners.
- Help draft donor reports and project proposals related to the RRM initiative, draft donor updates, and contribute to funding management in collaboration with Emergency Unit in Kinshasa.
- Participate in Emergency Unit planning and other activities as they pertain to the RRM programme.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in social sciences, public health, law, communication or related field.
- First University degree (Bachelor’s Degree) in the above fields of studies, combined with 2 additional years of relevant work experience, may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the field of emergency coordination and response, advocacy, information and communication.
- Professional experience in the field of advocacy, information and communication will be a clear asset to this position.
- Oral and written skills in French and in English are required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.