Deadline: 25 November 2021
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Officer in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Officer will perform the following functions:
- Advise the Head of WHO Country Office(WR) for an informed decision making on procurement transactions.
- Coordinate the preparation and submission of the procurement plans by the different clusters of the budget center.
- Prepare and monitors the implementation f procurement plan ensuring objectives and priorities are met and on track.
- Evaluate requests from the technical units and partners and advises for compliance with the organization rules and regulations.
- Administer procurement resources and ensures compliant and efficient use of standard operating procedures of procurement.
- Maintain the pre-qualified and assessed suppliers database maintains and monitors the overall activities of procurement, logistics, and contracting services for the office through the use of the GSM oracle system and other procurement tools including the Business Intelligence (BI) providing reports, data and statistics.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Management, or related field.
- Minimum 2 year’s experience, some of which in an international context, working in the area of procurement services, and logistics services for a programme.
- Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning Oracle systems or similar packages.
- Sound knowledge and skills in procurement and budget.
- Concrete skills in implementing operations of procurement services and processes.
- Expert knowledge of French.
- Intermediate knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.