Deadline: 27 August 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer in Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Officer will perform the following functions-
- Perform specific assignments, in collaboration with the client, by planning facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan the client will use to manage the change.
- Research, analyse and present information gathered from diverse sources.
- Coordinate policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of impact evaluation or equivalent studies.
- Generate survey initiatives, reviews, analyses and interprets responses, identifies problems/issues and prepares conclusions.
- Organize and prepares written outputs, e.g. background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications.
- Provide substantive backstopping to consultative and other meetings and conferences to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations.
- Initiate and coordinate outreach activities, conducts training workshops and seminars, makes presentations on assigned topics/activities;
- Lead and/or participate in large, complex field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and drafting mission summaries.
- Lead FAO efforts for strengthening coherence between humanitarian-development and peace nexus.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in agriculture, agricultural economics, business administration or public administration, social science, political science or a related field, with a focus on resilience, social protection or food security.
- 7 year’s relevant experience in project or programme management, including in the field of food security and nutrition, of which at least 3 year’s in resilience programme design and policy work;
- Working knowledge of French and limited knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.