Deadline: 20 June 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer in Democratic Republic of Congo.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Officer will perform the following functions:
- Knowledge Management for Programmes
- Contribute to country programmes by supporting knowledge management through providing professional assistance in data collection and analysis, complete and accurate reporting as well as participation in the Programme Knowledge Network system of “lessons learned” and other corporate-level databases.
- Programme Development and Management
- Provide professional technical assistance in the preparation of the Situation Analysis for programme development and management by collecting and analyzing data and monitoring implementation progress.
- Contribute to the identification of critical intervention points and measures by administering a consistent and transparent monitoring system, analyse nutrition trends and impact of for ongoing cash/nutrition projects.
- Cash-Based assistance implementation
- Coordinate and harmonize UNICEF supported humanitarian cash transfer project and provide support and technical assistance on humanitarian cash transfer at all stages, from design to production of concrete results, and in line with the country context
- Undertake cash feasibility assessments, where relevant, to inform UNICEF cash programmes, and identify implementing partners, and/or contribute to partners design efforts to ensure that HCT programmes are child-centered
- Optimum Use of Program Funds
- Monitor programme implementation progress and compliance. Monitors the allocation and disbursement of programme funds, making sure that funds are properly coordinated, monitored and liquidated.
- Take appropriate recommendations or actions to optimize use of programme funds.
- Programme Monitoring and Evaluations
- Undertake field visits to monitor and assess programme implementation and decides on required corrective action.
- Collaborate with partners to carry out a rigorous and transparent approach to evaluation and participate in the major programme evaluation exercises in consultation notably with the Emergency Specialist in Kalemie, the Cash Specialist in Kinshasa, the Social Policy and Evaluation section to improve efficiency and quality of programme delivery.
- Right Perspective and Advocacy at the National, Community and Family Levels
- Analyze programme related issues and policies from a children’s and women’s rights perspective and advocacy at the community and family levels for elevating credibility in national policy debates.
- Promote the organization goals of UNICEF through active advocacy and communication.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in one of the following fields is required Nutrition, Social Sciences, International Relations, Social Development, Community Development, or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 2 year’s professional work experience in humanitarian context
- Professional experiences in managing nutrition programme or Humanitarian cash transfer program is highly desirable.
- Professional experiences in developing data management tools and analysis tool highly desirable especially link to nutrition.
- Experience in conducting operational research in nutrition sector is an asset.
- Fluency in French and English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.