Deadline: 31 July 2021
Global Communities is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Technical Advisor, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training in Democratic Republic of Congo.
Global Communities mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Technical Advisor, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training will perform the following functions:
- Facilitate the acquisition of skills in demand by the private sector that lead to an increase in formal employment for area residents.
- Facilitate access to the information and skills, as well as the enabling environment, for area residents to seize market opportunities for conservation-friendly enterprise start-up and growth.
- Deliver customized and integrated vocational, entrepreneurship, soft and/or literacy/numeracy skills.
- Facilitate on-going support to entrepreneurs who received training, and oversee activities to increase their access to finance such as developing village savings and lending associations and/or working with local microfinance institutions.
- Lead all phases of the project cycle, including planning, management of activities, partners and consultants, and reporting.
- Collaboration with staff from other organizations, as well as Global Communities staff based both in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and the United States, to ensure project objectives are met.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree in education, business or related fields and at least 8 year’s relevant experience.
- Experience designing market-driven educational and training programs.
- Experience working with the private sector to identify workforce skills needs and solutions.
- Experience work with entrepreneurs or in entrepreneurship education.
- Experience in or knowledge of financial services for marginalized populations.
- Experience managing teams that address such issues as literacy, vocational skills training, preparation of youth to enter the job market.
- Experience relevant to accomplishment of the cross-cutting objectives in the project, including women, youth, cultural change, and sustainable partnerships with local and international organizations (both public and private).
- Experience on USAID programs is a plus.
- Demonstrate, strong writing and oral presentation skills in English are required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Global Communities.