Deadline: 24 July 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Specialist in Kananga, Democratic Republic of Congo.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The WASH Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Programme development and planning
- Draft the WASH inputs for the situation analysis. Provide timely, comprehensive and current data to inform WASH policy and programme development, planning, management and implementation.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- With other external support agencies, strengthen national government WASH sector monitoring systems, with a focus on WASH outcomes (behaviors), using bottleneck analysis tools available in the sector (WASH-BAT, CSOs, SDAs).
- Technical and operational support for programme implementation
- Actively monitor UNICEF-supported activities through field visits, surveys and exchange of information with partners, to assess progress, identify bottlenecks and potential problems and take timely decisions to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials for timely interventions.
- Humanitarian WASH preparedness and response
- Prepare requisitions for supplies, services, long-term agreements and partnership agreements to ensure UNICEF is prepared to deliver on its commitments for WASH in case of an emergency.
- Networking and partnership building
- Build and sustain close working partnerships with government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge to facilitate programme implementation and build capacity of stakeholders to achieve WASH output results.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Lead the development, implementation, monitoring and documentation of WASH action research and innovation (technical or systems).
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university Degree in one of the following fields is required public health, social sciences, behavior change communication, sanitary engineering or another relevant technical field.
- Additional relevant post-graduate courses that complement/supplement the main Degree are a strong asset.
- Minimum 5 year’s professional experience in WASH-related programmes for developing countries is required.
- 1 year’s deployment in a developing country is required.
- At least one three-month deployment mission in a humanitarian situation (with UN-Govt-INGO) is required.
- Fluency in French and English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.