Deadline: 11 August 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Accounts Assistant in Denmark.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Accounts Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Perform financial accounting and analysis for the Unit.
- Process, review and analyze the FLS transactions and payments and account balances for area of responsibility, and identifies and initiates required adjustments.
- Create, review and maintain master data in FLS relating to areas of responsibility.
- Establish budget planning limitations in FLS and prepares budget revisions.
- Monitor project accounts to ensure compliance with financial limitations.
- Prepare financial reports for internal management and external donors and other third parties.
- Prepare exception and/or periodic reports, statements, schedules summaries analysis.
- Maintain data in Excel spreadsheets and Access databases to support the monitoring of special projects.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary education and commercial courses in accounting and/or finance is required.
- University level courses in accounting/finance, economics, business administration.
- Minimum 5 year’s general and successful accounting experience, preferably in an international / governmental (non-profit) organization in a highly computerized environment is required.
- UN working experience.
- Experience in the areas of project accounting and SAP.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting application systems and procedures and IT software, e.g. Microsoft Office is required.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.