Deadline: 1 Jun 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Director in Copenhagen, Denmark. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Deputy Director will be responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Deputy Director will perform the following functions-
- Provide substantive input to the Director, PG on the Group strategy, establish priorities, and supervise the implementation of work plans.
- Promote teamwork and collaboration by providing the team with clear direction, objectives and guidance to enable them to perform their duties responsibly, effectively and efficiently.
- Foster a positive work environment, respectful of both men and women, and ensure that the highest standards of conduct are observed.
- Implement the business development strategy defined by the Director, PG and work with our global offices to ensure more clients and thus more revenue are realized.
- Establish and maintain a strong partnership with procurement service providers to ensure economies of scale and client satisfaction.
- Interact with clients and partners to develop a clear understanding of procurement needs, interests and capacities and to manage problems and challenges effectively as they arise.
- Lead the category management team to develop the sourcing strategy for global procurement and special items and a framework for managing long-term agreements. With the Director, PG, develop innovative ways in which to ensure best-value-for-money is realized.
- Lead the transformation of the current ecommerce platform (UN WebBuy).
- Develop a strategy for pricing and products/services to be included in the offering.
- Contribute to the planning, implementation and organization of strategic capacity building of personnel, partners and stakeholders for strategic business development and engagement.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in a relevant field is mandatory.
- Bachelor’s degree with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of procurement experience in a large international and/or corporate organization.
- At least 5 years of leadership experience, including leading a procurement/supply chain team and managing budgets.
- Minimum 3- 5 years of private sector experience is required.
- Experience handling complex clients, relationship management and business development is required.
- Experience identifying and implementing procurement/supply chain technology solutions is an asset.
- Experience in procurement/supply chain consulting is an asset.
- Experience working across multiple geographies is an asset.
- Experience with an NGO, UN agency or large International Corporation is an asset.
- Full working knowledge of English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.