Deadline: 10 January 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Specialist (Supply Financing) in Copenhagen, Denmark.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Specialist (Supply Financing) will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate the financial management of country pre-financing and Nutrition Match Fund related activities of Nutrition Financing project and support the internal and external work on expansion of VII and other bridge financings with the objective of helping improve operational timeliness for the provision of essential commodities and/or market dynamics.
- Coordinate underwriting process of both country-subscription and ad-hoc pre-financing submissions ensuring that duly process is followed, and bridge financing capital limitations which could result in unrecoverable losses to UNICEF.
- Provide technical advice and guidance on both pre-financing and technical assistance work.
- Coordinate the technical assistance and normative work of Nutrition Financing activities and provides support to the day-to-day country financing related activities with respect to other programmes.
- Perform day-to-day work as part of deliverables for UNICEF Supply Division’s multi-partner initiatives, including the Nutrition Financing project.
- Analyse of existing UNICEF data (including procurement data) to track country spending and pre-financing needs.
- Design and prepares financial reports for internal management and external donors and other third parties.
Supervise the performance of Planning and Business Support Assistant(s).
- Act as a back-up and other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in financial management, public health or related field is required.
- University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience beyond the required 5 years, may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree).
- 5 year’s of progressively responsible professional work experience in public or private sector at national and international levels in the area of finance, procurement, public health, accounting or auditing.
- Experience with Country Ministries of Health and Ministries of Finance, Financing, Budgeting, Procurement or Commercial Issues relating to Health Products.
- Proficiency in use of data processing systems.
- Fluency in English and French.
- Knowledge of another UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.