Deadline: 19 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Management Specialist in Copenhagen, Denmark. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Management Specialist will contribute to all of the SPAR team work streams.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Management Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to UNOPS Biennial Budget Estimates process including: budget planning, analysis and preparation of tables of financial information and personnel headcounts, participate in coordination and consultation and collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Constantly monitor and evaluate policies, procedures, methods, tools and associated systems to ensure their utility, applicability and efficacy.
- Provide policy guidance, advise, training and operational support to internal stakeholders to strengthen their capacity to operate efficiently and to achieve results.
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation of organizational financial performance and budget status and recommend actions to maintain financial efficiency and viability.
- Participate in discussions on the development of UNOPS Strategic Plans and Mid-Term reviews and development results reporting.
- Contribute to the annual team work plan in collaboration with the team, including target setting, performance measurements, standards and expected results.
- Contribute to monitoring, evaluation and refinements of the annual team work plan.
- Contribute to collaboration with internal and external audits to facilitate audit reviews and associated follow-up.
- Facilitate budget allocations/reallocations/revisions, ensuring compliance with rules, regulations and procedures and appropriate controls.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or other related financial field is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in financial planning and management in a large international organization or business corporation is required.
- Experience in UN system organizations is an asset.
- Knowledge of Beyond Budgeting principles, Balanced Scorecard and EFQM Excellence model is an asset.
- Fluency in English required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.