Deadline: 14 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Assistant in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The Procurement Assistant will provide effective services to customers, ensuring accurate and timely processing of sensitive and highly detailed requisitions and requests up to the completion and closure of the order by having an effective collaboration with the different partners.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Procurement Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Reviews, evaluates and analyses the incoming supply requisitions and requests to ensure quality and adequacy of information, specifications, and appropriateness of requests, quantities, shipment, delivery dates, and budgets.
- Prepares and drafts cost estimates for Procurement Services transactions including freight with close contact and partnership with the concerned customers.
- Reviews material specifications and requirements with customers, countries, technical counterparts and Quality Assurance Centre to ensure completeness and appropriateness.
- Prepares sales orders, monitors and follows up on progress of sales orders to ensure that commitments entered into are met.
- Monitors the status of Country Office programme and Procurement Service orders and center specific Key Performance Indicators.
- Transmits all relevant information to customer including changes to planned deliveries, to facilitate delivery and customs clearance of shipments.
- Assists in preparation and analysis of all information materials including country and or customer specific reports, updating of databases and management systems for use by HQ, Field Offices or Regional Offices.
- Contributes to the regular review of business processes, manuals and release note, and divisional and centre procedures.
- Assists in preparation of comprehensive forecast exercise to secure a sustained and uninterrupted supply.
- Pursues operational improvements in co-ordination with operational staff in other sections and Country Offices.
- Prepares evaluation of suppliers with respect to delivery performance and commercial acceptability.
- Maintains order filing in accordance with UNICEF guidelines.
- Provides support to the centers/country offices at emergencies as applicable.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary education.
- Technical or University level courses in business, desirable.
- 6 years of relevant working experience.
- Work experience with public procurement in an international organization is desirable.
- Knowledge of SAP or similar ERP system.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of additional UN language is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.