Deadline: 28 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Management Specialist in Copenhagen, Denmark. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Project Management Specialist will be responsible for representing all aspects of project management best practices.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Management Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical advice and a quality assurance framework in relation to project and programme management for field UNOPS engagements.
- Provide PM tools support and advice to the field as well as advice and provide expertise and support in implementation of PM standards (such as the ones aligned with PMI, PRINCE2®, UNOPS PM Methodology).
- Strengthen national capacity building with regard to sustainable project management best practices as well as other cross cutting issues and support a stronger focus on benefit management of projects.
- Support Engagement Authorities strengthen project governance structures and processes at the country level and review engagements to ensure a high standard and consistent achievement of the UNOPS defined project success criteria.
- Provide substantive support to Programme Managers /Project Managers / Team Managers in the implementation of programme and project management best practices.
- Advise project and programme management practitioners on the application, interpretation and adoption of corporate policy, guidance, tools and best practices.
- Undertake missions to UNOPS country offices and project sites to report on progress and identify and solve operational problems as well as provide support on the design, planning, implementation, monitoring and closure of projects.
- Develop and deliver project management training to UNOPS personnel and partners and liaise with other relevant industry leaders and UN agencies in training and sustainable project management initiatives.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in Engineering, International Relations, Project Management, Business Administration and/or another related field is required.
- Bachelor degree combined with additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s degree.
- PRINCE2® Foundation Certification is desired.
- PMI Project Management Professional Certification is desired.
- PRINCE2® Practitioner Certification is desired.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the field of Project Management is required.
- Experience in Partnerships/Business Development is desired.
- Technical Proposal and Guidance Writing experience is an asset.
- Capacity building/Training experience is desired.
- Consulting background is an asset.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Arabic is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.