Deadline: 24 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Accounts Assistant in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The Senior Accounts Assistant will be accountable to perform general ledger analysis, and develop other processes, where applicable, contributing to accuracy of financial records.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Accounts Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate and lead work in UNICEF Supply Division’s accounting, budgeting and business functions in collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Act as a focal point in respect of accounting and business process queries.
- Responsible for the completion, documentation of monthly reporting and year end closure processes and procedures.
- Responsible for the development of management reporting contents and format.
- Under guidance of Accounting Manager and DFAM, work on strategic accounting areas suggesting accounting and process solutions.
- Analysis, interpretation and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Develop and ensure proper documentation of internal control over accounting transactions.
- Identify and recommend system and process improvements identified in relation to the area of responsibility.
- Contributes to the regular review of business processes, manuals, and divisional and centre procedures.
- Identify training needs, develop training activities in the area of responsibility.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary education is mandatory.
- Accounting qualification in ACCA, CPA, CIMA or equivalent diplomas in accounting, business administration, financial management, economics or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant professional work experience in area of month-end closing processes, variance analysis, financial and/or management reporting, financial risk analysis.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of internal controls and finance processes.
- Strong knowledge of general ledger and accounting principles.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and accounting standards, preferably IPSAS
- Advanced SAP (or similar ERP) working knowledge, advanced proficiency in MS Excel, Word and Power Point, good computer skills, including internet navigation and various other MS Office applications.
- Fluency in English required.
- Knowledge of another UN language would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.