Deadline: 4 August 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Accounts Associate – Warehouse in Denmark.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Accounts Associate – Warehouse will perform the following functions:
- Perform daily, month-end, quarterly, and year-end transactions and activities, for warehouse related processes and other processes as required.
- Monthly closure of books as per predefined timelines covering warehouse month-end procedures, and others as required.
- Development and documentation of warehouse monthly closure processes and procedures (as per guidance received from DFAM, where applicable).
- Analysis, interpretation and reconciliation of general ledger accounts as required.
- Develop and ensure proper documentation of internal control over accounting transactions.
- Identify and recommend system and process improvements identified in relation to the area of responsibility.
- Identify training needs, develop training activities in the area of responsibility.
- Under guidance of Accounting Manager (AICU) lialise with DFAM and Chief of FMAC on warehouse related and other processes, as and where applicable.
- Contribute to the regular review of business processes, manuals and release note, and divisional and center procedures.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary education, preferably supplemented with commercial college certificate in accounting and/or university level courses in accounting, business or finance.
- Accounting qualification in ACCA, CPA, CIMA or equivalent diplomas in accounting, business administration, financial management, economics or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum 7 year’s broad accounting experience, preferably in an international / governmental (non-profit) organization in a highly computerized environment and preferably experience in warehouse accounting area is required.
- Experience in the areas of project management and systems development would be an asset.
- Proven record in process development, documentation and implementation is desired.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and standards is desired.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.