Deadline: 6 September 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Procurement Services Associate in Denmark.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Procurement Services Associate will perform the following functions:
- Act as lead Help Desk and day-to-day resource for operational management and operational problem-solving and solution-finding for the PS Function, including arranging and conducting training.
- Provide excellent customer service and support to internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify, lead and drive operational improvement initiatives across the PS Function, on a variety of improvement initiatives including issuance of guidance notes and DPs.
- Develop, standardize and improve operational tools with the objective of achieving operational improvements and increased efficiency, including working with Planning and Financing unit on end- to-end performance management and monitoring of PS transactions.
- Identify, lead and drive system improvement projects (e.g. CRM) including obtaining input from relevant stakeholders and plan and ensuring adequate testing.
- Represent PSC in various system and operational improvement projects across the Division and which has an impact on Procurement Services.
- Provide support on the day-to-day operational management and stay up to date with procurement services activities and new processes / initiatives (incl. issuance of Cost Estimates, Sales Orders and expediting) in compliance with the UNICEF Financial Rules and Regulations, Supply Division Manual and other applicable procedures.
Applicants must have:
Completion of secondary education.
- University course work or Diploma in business, procurement, management or related field desirable.
- Minimum 7 year’s relevant working experience in public or private sector, experience in public procurement, project management as well as Procurement Services in a UN context.
- Strong practical experience in PS processes in VISION including cost estimate issuance necessary.
- Proven strong analytical and written communication skills.
- Good organization skills and judgment to effectively prioritize time and tasks.
- Ability to deliver quality work that is timely, complete and accurate with minimum supervision.
- Ability to develop an effective network of working relationships both within as outside the center and Division.
- Fluency in English
- Proficiency in an additional UN language (Russian, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, French).
- Nationality of Denmark.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.