Deadline: 1 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Programme Budget Assistant in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The Senior Programme Budget Assistant will support the Programme Budget Manager in managing the programme budget approvals.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Programme Budget Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Maintain key financial data in VISION (ERP) for the GAVI approvals, multi-year ceilings, financial variance allowance, external bank accounts, financial instruments and supplier prepayments by MOU, country, support code, approval year, etc.
- Monitor/analyze financial and programme implementation against approvals, ceilings and limitations.
- Financial monitoring of Long-Term Agreements (LTAs) and Purchase Orders (POs) for which special financial arrangements have been executed, e.g. volume guarantees, firm commitment contracts, advance payments to manufacturers
- Develop and prepare financial reports for internal management and external donors and other third parties.
- Review financial requests prior to submission to external partners to ensure compliance with funding limitations and initiates revisions.
- Monitor and ensure systems and reports comply with UNICEF’s Financial Rules and Regulations, and third party requirements.
- Identify and recommend system and process improvements.
- Participate in the design, testing and implementation of new or revised systems changes or upgrades.
Applicants must have-
- Diploma from school of commerce or university courses in accounting, finance, economics, public administration or management information technology.
- University degree in accounting, finance, economics, public administration or management information technology would be an asset.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience related to financial management of trust funds, donor reporting, project management, budgeting, financial monitoring and reporting.
- Experience in financial, budgeting, logistics, project modules of SAP would be an advantage, or experience with another similar ERP system.
- Knowledge of programme and financial approval processes required.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office package, particularly Access and Excel required.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting application systems required.
- Fluency in English required.
- Knowledge of another UN language would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.