Deadline: 2 February 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Technical Assistant in Copenhagen, Denmark.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Technical Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Draft, prepare and finalise product specifications on basis of existing documentation, directives and customer requirements.
- Translate specifications with expert help if necessary.
- Communicate with country offices and suppliers to obtain all necessary clarifications.
- Assist countries on technical related matters and seeks expert advice when required.
- Screen incoming requests for supply and advices on appropriates of the items, realistic quantities, alternative options, and any other considerations with regards to the requested products.
- Draft product technical cards for Supply Catalogue database and ensures that all product specifications are kept up to date in the material master, hosted in our ERP system (SAP).
- Propose creations and amendments to materials within the range of commodities under their responsibility directly in the material master database.
- Maintain technical dossiers of qualified supplier profiles, prepares lists of qualified suppliers for sourcing and tendering as support to Contracting function for further action.
- Assist in monitoring product performance, technical suitability appropriateness and durability on basis of information collected from country offices.
- Investigate deviations in partnership with Quality Assurance Centre and Customer Services and Field Support Centre (CSFS).
- Validate and authenticates submitted quality and market clearance certificates, test reports, and other quality related documents.
- Maintain a database for these documents and timely informs technical specialists with regards to expiring documents, or any other issues related to validity and authenticity.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor including secretarial functions and attending to all routine work in his/her absence.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education.
- 5 year’s relevant working experience, preferably in a position with exposure to medical devices and/or international certification for medical devices and/or quality management systems.
- Experience in procurement processes for goods, preferably medical devices and/or equipment.
- Knowledge of SAP, and proficiency in Microsoft Office package, Word, Excel and Power point.
- Fluency in English.
- Proficiency in another UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.