Deadline: 29 June 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Trade Finance Product Specialist – Treasury in Copenhagen, Denmark.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Trade Finance Product Specialist – Treasury will perform the following functions:
- Trade Finance product operations
- Manage full life cycle and communications externally with counterparties to coordinate the issuing and receiving of letters of credit across all UNOPS locations and projects globally.
- Manage all aspects of trade finance: operation of letters of credit, standby letters of credit, bonds and guarantees.
- Trade finance product policy
- Review and implement the treasury guidelines and policy around Guarantees (Bid securities, Performance Securities, Advance Payment Securities etc.) vis-à-vis UNOPS Treasury Policy and UNOPS Procurement Policy.
- Contribute and support to the maintenance of relationships with UNOPS international financial institutions for trade finance facilities.
- Facilities Management
- Organize and deliver guarantees and LC related training to business units as needed.
- Report and monitor trade finance product KPI’s.
- Knowledge management and innovation
- Contribute to the development and introduction of innovation to ensure UNOPS is continually incorporating best practice approaches into financial services.
- Contribute to the dissemination and sharing of best practices and lessons learned for corporate development planning and knowledge building.
Applicants must have:
- Undergraduate university Degree in finance and/or business or a related field is required.
- Appropriate professional accreditation or qualification is highly desirable.
- Membership in an internationally recognized accounting body or Treasury body would be an advantage.
- Treasury/Trade Finance certification would be a further advantage.
- Minimum 5 year’s progressively responsible experience in treasury or banking with a strong focus on trade finance products, either in a large corporation or a financial institution is required with a Master’s Degree.
- Experience negotiating facilities of this nature would be a distinct advantage.
- Broad knowledge of Trade Products is strong asset.
- Full working knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.