Deadline: 26 April 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Migration & Humanitarian Specialist in Istanbul, Turkey. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Migration & Humanitarian Specialist will oversee the development of Migration & Humanitarian programmes, provide capacity building to Country Offices (CO) and Multi Country Offices (MCO), establish and strengthen partnerships, and develop relevant knowledge products on [thematic area].
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Migration & Humanitarian Specialist will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Oversee the development of programmes on Migration & Humanitarian actions to Country Office/ Programme Presence teams:
- Oversee the development of regional programme documents on migration & humanitarian action.
- Provide technical inputs to programme proposals from country offices.
- Provide technical and capacity building support to Country Office/ Programme Presence teams and partners:
- Provide substantive technical and policy support to country office, programme presence teams in developing and strengthening projects/programmes.
- Develop, implement and monitor capacity building initiatives.
- Establish and strengthen strategic partnerships with stakeholders, regional/ international actors and development partners:
- Build and maintain alliances and strategic partnerships for the advancement of migration & humanitarian action.
- Build and maintain close liaisons with relevant donors and other actors supporting efforts towards migration a& humanitarian action.
- Manage the resource mobilization strategy for humanitarian action in the region:
- Participate in the implementation, monitoring and periodic updating of the resource mobilization strategy on migration & humanitarian action in the region.
- Provide technical support to field based presences in the region in mobilizing resources for the implementation of migration & humanitarian action.
- Oversee the design of migration & humanitarian action in the region and the development of relevant knowledge products:
- Provide policy recommendations and guidance to strategic planning and positioning on migration & humanitarian action.
- Research, develop and present analytical reports, research papers, briefing notes, background papers, summaries, correspondence, and knowledge products on migration management, refugee response, peace, security, disaster risk reduction, and humanitarian action.
- Oversee the advocacy of humanitarian action through inter-agency coordination:
- Work closely with and provide advice to regional/ national bodies and inter-agency groups that influence national policies related to migration & humanitarian action and where necessary represent UN Women.
- Lead UN Women’s role in the inter-agency coordination on migration, humanitarian action (Syria Coordination Mechanism) in the region, inter-agency on displacement & migration, peace, security and disaster risk reduction.
- Oversee knowledge building and sharing for humanitarian action:
- Identify and disseminate lessons learnt and good practices in collaboration with country offices.
- Ensure technical skills and knowledge are shared within and among COs and programme presences.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in human rights, gender, international relations, international development, international law or other social science fields is required.
- First-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage.
- At least 7 years progressively responsible experience in designing and managing migration and/or humanitarian programmes.
- 7 year’s experience working with, and building partnerships with governments, donors or civil society organizations nationality/internationally.
- 5 year’s experience in policy analysis and strategic planning, within UN and/or national governments.
- Substantive and technical experience in inter-agency thematic coordination.
- Experience in strengthening gender responsive humanitarian and refugee response.
- Experience on EU-funded projects is a strong advantage.
- Experience working with the UN is an asset; and
- Experience working in the region is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UN Women.