Deadline: 31 March 2017
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. The duration of this post is 6 months.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide expert support to the Chief Technical Advisor in coordination of programme activities in accordance with the concepts set out in the Country Programme Action Plan for 2012-2016, Project Document for 2012-2016, Annual Work Plans and in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations.
- Provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Emergency Situations, Embassy of Japan, JICA, other relevant national institutions and Disaster Risk Management Programme in implementing programme activities funded by the Government of Japan as well as activities related to creating an enabling environment, Disaster Risk Assessment, Information Management, Local Level Risk Management and Recovery.
- Support Chief Technical Advisor in formulation, implementation, coordination and evaluation of the programme activities on the substantive side with regards to activities funded by the Government of Japan and provides support services in implementing creating an enabling environment, Disaster Risk Assessment, Information Management, Local Level Risk Management and Recovery.
- Support in achieving substantive outputs and in coordinating the work of national and international experts employed under the programme activities funded by the Government of Japan.
- Provide high quality professional support to PMU and ABDs to achieve the outputs and objectives of programme activities funded by the Government of Japan.
- Present information on programme activities to relevant institutions and governmental bodies.
- Provide reports on fulfilled tasks to Chief Technical Advisor and provide recommendations and suggestions for improvement of the programme implementation, if and when necessary.
- Undertake field visits when needed.
- Perform other tasks as necessary and as the programme develops.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in Natural Sciences and/ or other related fields.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in the area Disaster Risk Management.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Familiarity with national DRR interventions of the Kyrgyz Republic and understanding of development priorities in Central Asian region in this particular sphere.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage a high workload and deliver to tight deadlines.
- High sense of responsibility.
- Strong personal motivation.
- Fluency in Russian.
- Knowledge of English and Kyrgyz is a valuable asset.
- Nationality of Kyrgyzstan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.