Deadline: 6 January 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Security Manager in Bangui, Central African Republic. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Security Manager will be responsible for development and implementation of the security risk management policy of NRC in CAR. The SM reports to the Country Director (CD).
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Security Manager will perform the following functions-
- Development and implementation of the NRC Security Management Policy at national level
- Conduct Security Risk Analysis (SRA) according to minimum operational requirements (MOSS).
- Minimize security risks to the operations of NRC.
- Management of security staff at country office.
- Support, training, control and development of security staff in all offices.
- Prepare reports as required.
- Responsible for the implementation of the security risk management policy of NRC in CAR.
- Lead, orient and supervise the National Security Adviser who collaborate with the team of liaison officers and radio operators of NRC in CAR.
- Lead and monitor the implementation and compliance of NRC security risk management policy, and reduce risks by seeking creative solutions for mitigation to (in order of priority): NRC staff, programs, organization, beneficiaries and assets.
- Undertake regularly missions in the field and provide technical support and security advice to the Area Managers (AM).
- Conduct assessment of and analysis on the context in NRC’s geographical area of operations and be able to advise country director and management group on the potential impact on access to beneficiaries.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior Security Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in French and English is essential, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of the context in Central African Republic or the central Africa region.
- Ability and willingness to work and live under difficult circumstances.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.