Deadline: 26 January 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Shelter Officer in Urozgan, Afghanistan.
The Shelter Officer will be responsible to contribute with specific technical aspects on shelter core-competencies during the entail stage of the project and project implementation include quality, quantities and targets in H2R areas in Urozgan.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Shelter Officer will perform the following functions-
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated shelter project portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop shelter status reports as required by shelter project manager.
- Ensure proper filing of documents for shelter project.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Desk study of relevant shelter documents.
- Conduct field visit in Urozgan and interview returnees/IDPs families in H2R areas.
- Provide on job training to the shelter beneficiaries in all project location for standard construction.
- Participate in Assessment report and concept paper.
- Prepare reports weekly and monthly base.
- Responsible for assessment, project planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Maintain regular field visit.
- Maintain field visit and produce reports on weekly base.
- Distribution of beneficiaries cash payments according to the plan and on-time clearance.
- Maximize community participation and conduct field assessment on beneficiaries.
- Participate in NRC staff seminars and training, when scheduled.
- Assessment on site needs and resources, shelter type, data on returnees/ IDPs.
- Prepare reports on weekly , monthly and require base as well.
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including multi-purpose cash assistance, emergency cash responses.
- Conduct the meeting with community/ or village elders, Malaks, local authority and other stakeholders at field level.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the immediate superior.
Applicants must have:
- Experience with field-level coordination with UN organizations, INGOs, Donors and authorities.
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market-based programmes.
- Minimum University Degree in Civil engineering, with 2 year’s experience in community-based projects or building construction project.
- Experience with Urban shelter standards.
- Previous work experience with a satisfactory performance in the same or similar functional area preferably with UN or INGOs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in English and local language Dari/Pashtu.
- Ability to act on initiative, identify opportunities & proactive in putting forward ideas & solutions.
- Nationality of Afghanistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.