Deadline: 26 January 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Shelter Officer in Urozgan, Afghanistan.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Shelter Officer will be responsible to contribute with specific technical aspects on shelter core-competencies during the entail stage of the project and project implementation include quality, quantities and targets in H2R areas in Urozgan.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Shelter Officer will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated shelter project portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop shelter status reports as required by shelter project manager.
- Ensure proper filing of documents for shelter project.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Desk study of relevant shelter documents.
- Conduct field visit in Urozgan and interview returnees/IDPs families in H2R areas.
- Provide on job training to the shelter beneficiaries in all project location for standard construction.
- Participate in Assessment report and concept paper.
- Prepare reports weekly and monthly base.
- Responsible for assessment, project planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Maintain regular field visit.
- Maintain field visit and produce reports on weekly base.
- Distribution of beneficiaries cash payments according to the plan and on-time clearance.
- Maximize community participation and conduct field assessment on beneficiaries.
- Participate in NRC staff seminars and training, when scheduled.
- Assessment on site needs and resources, shelter type, data on returnees/ IDPs.
- Prepare reports on weekly , monthly and require base as well.
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including multi-purpose cash assistance, emergency cash responses.
- Conduct the meeting with community/ or village elders, Malaks, local authority and other stakeholders at field level.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the immediate superior.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Experience with field-level coordination with UN organizations, INGOs, Donors and authorities.
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market-based programmes.
- Minimum University Degree in Civil engineering, with 2 year’s experience in community-based projects or building construction project.
- Experience with Urban shelter standards.
- Previous work experience with a satisfactory performance in the same or similar functional area preferably with UN or INGOs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in English and local language Dari/Pashtu.
- Ability to act on initiative, identify opportunities & proactive in putting forward ideas & solutions.
- Nationality of Afghanistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC.