Deadline: 11 August 2016
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Officer in Djibouti, Djibouti. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Administrative Officer will support all operational activities within the country office and support the WR in enhancing WHO’s programme delivery capacity by managing, coordinating and leading the administrative services.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administrative Officer will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Plan, recommend and implement systems, norms and procedures, in compliance with existing policies, for the administration of human, financial and material resources, as well as for the monitoring, control and evaluation of such processes.
- Assist in the planning, organization, operation and evaluation of the administrative services.
- Formulate general and specific budgetary estimates for projects.
- Plan, organize and monitor the application, control and accounting of approved budgetary allocations by programmes.
- Provide managerial and administrative support in the implementation of all WHO collaborative programmes through initiation of relevant proposals for all planned activities as per plans of action and periodic monitoring of their implementation.
- Provide a range of human resources services, including forecasting future needs, coordinating/facilitating recruitment, training and staff orientation and implementation of performance management in collaboration with the relevant RO/HRO.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- University degree in public administration or business administration or in other field related to the work to be performed.
- 2 years of experience in administration and management, including supervision of staff.
- Experience in WHO or a UN agency, preferably in a developing country, desirable.
- Experience with computerized enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, desirable.
- Experience at the international level, desirable.
- Skills in programme formulation, design and research development an asset.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Excellent knowledge of French and English.
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WHO.