Deadline: 19 May 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Programme Associate in Djibouti.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Programme Associate will perform the following functions:
- Perform specialized and/or standardized processes and activities within the specific technical area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Provide project management and/or general office support following established targets and WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Collect and summarize assistance programme(s) data, collaborating with cooperating partners where required, conduct analysis and prepare reports to support programme reviews and informative decision making.
- Perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. food security and vulnerability assessments) following corporate standards and guidelines.
- Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Suggest improvements to field monitoring processes and procedures for efficient implementation of the assistance programmes.
- Support communication and activities with local partners, agencies, NGO’s and government institutions.
- Facilitate the adoption of appropriate latest digital tools for the data collection, analysis and visualization.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Programing, monitoring, International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of relevant work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- At least 5 year’s experience is desirable.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple activities.
- Familiar with monitoring and result based management.
- Understand and good working knowledge of database management system.
- Facilitate communication with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
- Contribute to implementation of programmes.
- Provide input to policy discussions.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in French language and intermediate (level B) level in English.
- Knowledge in local language is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.