Deadline: 4 October 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Team Assistant in Djibouti. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Team Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Receive, screen and process correspondence and requests, and follow up on implementation of all administrative actions, ensuring adherence to deadlines and timely response to correspondence and queries.
- Maintain WRO records and reference documents and files with a proper system which has been created to facilitate finding any document smoothly.
- Type, ensuring correctness of language as well as format, and in accordance with WHO Style Guide, correspondence, reports, documents and presentations upon written/verbal instructions, and independently compose correspondence of purely routine administrative nature.
- Make necessary arrangements regarding duty travel of staff in the unit, submit travel requests (TRs) in the Global Management System (GSM), arrange for flight and hotel reservations and deal with other related matters.
- Type documents and presentations for preparation of meeting, workshops, training courses, etc., send invitation letters to participants, photocopy documents and prepare files; follow up with logistics units regarding arrangements.
- Screen and receive visitors and telephone calls, make appointments, answer queries of and/or redirect visitors and callers.
- Submit different administrative transactions in GSM, including procurement of goods and services, and follow up with concerned parties for the receipt of deliverables and finalization of payments.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education supplemented by secretarial/administrative training.
- University Degree in business administration, social sciences or related field is an asset.
- At least 2 year’s relevant secretarial/ administrative experience.
- Relevant experience in the UN system.
- Knowledge of WHO’s Global System Management (GSM).
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with national and international staff.
- Expert knowledge of English and French.
- Beginners knowledge of Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.